St Stephen’s was founded in 1950 by a group of families and individuals who were settling in an expanding and growing Orinda. The church was the first resident of the neighborhood, which is why the road we’re on is called “St Stephen’s Drive,” and over 65 years we have grown as a church with a strong sense of local community. At the same time, we are constituent members of the Episcopal Church in the Diocese of California, and by extension are also connected globally to the worldwide Anglican Communion. The model of church identity and membership offered by that communion is one of local expression and global partnership. We strive to maintain the character and identity of our own community, while at the same time recognizing that the family of God extends beyond whatever border or culture or nationality we happen to have been born into. Finally, beyond congregational boundary, beyond denominational affiliation, we are followers of Jesus, seeking to pattern our lives after his example, and grow in faith, hope, charity, generosity, trust, and love for the sake of the world’s reconciliation. You are welcome here.